Individuals with questions about their friends and family on train 501 should call 800-523-9101— Amtrak (@Amtrak) December 18, 2017
- An Amtrak passenger train derailed onto the I-5 freeway in Dupont, outside of Seattle.
- First responders are treating the incident as a mass casualty incident.
- All lanes of the southbound freeway are closed, the Washington State Department of Transportation said.
- Reports of "Multiple Fatalities."
- This was a new route of service offered by Amtrak.
- This is a developing story. Updates coming.
Images from scene show Amtrak train derailment near Tacoma, Washington pic.twitter.com/OKr3apzoyE— NBC News (@NBCNews) December 18, 2017