CAMPBELL Co., Va. (WSET) -- In the aftermath of Sunday's storms, proper disposal of yard materials and other affected items can minimize further risks in recovery efforts.
According to the Campbell County Department of Public Safety, yard matter such as limbs, brush, twigs, etc., general household goods, food items, and construction/demolition debris can be taken to the Campbell County Livestock Road Landfill facility in Rustburg.
Household trash and other items such as clean brush, tires, appliances, small bulky items, oil, batteries and other recyclables can be taken to the landfill's Convenience center.
The following items are accepted at their landfill convenience center:
- Bagged household waste
- Construction and demolition waste (from residential improvement projects only – no shingles are allowed at any time).
- Latex paint – dried with saw dust or kitty litter.
The following items are not accepted at their landfill convenience center:
- Drums, not emptied, cleaned and opened
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Gas tanks and cylinders
- PCB or Dioxin containing solid waste
- Pesticide containers not cleaned, crushed and opened
- Regulated hazardous materials
Items Accepted for Recycling:
- Aluminum cans; Bimetal cans
- Brush and leaves, not bagged
- Corrugated cardboard
- Mixed paper
- Waste Oil
- White goods (appliances)
Additional details and tips for cleaning and recovery: ABC 13