One person has died and 16 others have gotten sick after a salmonella outbreak linked to kosher chicken.
Officials with the Center for Disease Control report that eight people have been hospitalized, including the person who died.
Illnesses have been reported in Virginia, Maryland, and New York. The person who died was in New York.
"In interviews, ill people reported eating kosher chicken, and when asked about the specific brand eaten, several people reported Empire Kosher brand. The outbreak strain was also identified in samples of raw chicken collected from two facilities, including one facility that processes Empire Kosher brand chicken," the CDC said in its announcement.
The CDC is recommending you follow safe food preparation practices including washing your hands before and after touching raw chicken and washing utensils, cutting boards, and counter where you prepared raw chicken.
Chicken should be cooked to an inside temperature of 165 degrees.
Salmonella illness usually begins between 12 and 72 hours after consuming the bacteria.
Get the full story from ABC-13 WSET.