Man Dies From Brain Eating Bacteria After Visiting Texas Resort

posted by Mia Adams - 

A popular wave pool is closed after a New Jersey man died from brain eating bacteria. 

Fabrizio Stabile, 29, suffered from a headache that wouldn't go away and left him unable to speak. A GoFundMe page said he was initially treated for bacterial meningitis but didn't respond to the medication. 

Stabile was later diagnosed with naegleria fowleri infection caused by a brain-eating amoeba. 

He died on September 16. 

 The Waco-McLennan County Public Health District stated that the CDC is testing the water from the bacteria. 

For more information, visit ABC13.

title

Content Goes Here