Roanoke County Police were dispatched to three-vehicle accident on September 28, 2018, on Challenger Avenue at Valley Gateway Boulevard.
A Sterling straight truck was traveling east bound on Challenger Avenue and a Jeep Cherokee was turning left from Valley Gateway Boulevard in the left turn lane. A Subaru Outback was in the right turn lane beside the Jeep Cherokee. The truck ran the red light and struck the Jeep which was pushed into the Outback.
Three people were sent to a local hospital.
The driver of the truck, Brian Keith Moore, 57, of Roanoke City, has been charged with:
- Federal Code 393.3 - General maintenance of vehicle lights, brakes, exhaust, fire extinguisher
- Federal Code 383.23 (A)(2) - Operating commercial motor vehicle without a CDL
- Federal Code 391-41(A) - No medical card
- 46.2-1094 - Fail to wear seatbelt
- 46.2-852 - Reckless driving